good to be back together for our second podcast of the week! (yahoo!) This is a core and hip focused asana practice that opens up into a deep pratyahara sound session.
Pratyahara is one of the 8-limbs of Raja Yoga as described by the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. We have talked quite a bit about Pratyahara this month. Smells, sounds, maybe we will examine taste next!
More on the Yoga Sutras: Introducing the Yoga Sutras (so many classes are dedicated to the Yoga Sutras, check out that complete category).
Join us in September for Whole Yoga: The Other 7 Limbs, super-spacious exploration of yoga beyond asana. (We do poses, but they serve as a petri dish of sorts for our other explorations. Science!)
You can listen right here by pressing play. You can download this episode right here. You can listen in any podcast player (like the podcast app, stitcher, overcast, etc., by searching for Samadhi Rush). Subscribe in your favorite podcast player for total ease!
I ADORE hearing from you all. Your stories of slow, subtle, RADICAL transformation are the nectar of the universe. Thank you.
leave a voice message on speakpipe
This podcast is blessed with support from listeners from all over this planet. Thank you all so much for supporting the mission. To donate securely on paypal, click here. Thank you. You can also support us by sharing the podcast with all of your friends and by leaving a rating in iTunes. I am so grateful for you.
Donors get special extra gifts from me. (SO MUCH FUN!)
Thank you. You can also support us by sharing the podcast with all of your friends and by leaving a rating in iTunes. I am so grateful for you.
- Portland, Oregon friends, our yogi brother Ryan Hofrichter has co-created a weekly group called Befriending Belonging, which explores ease in relationship. Wednesdays at 7pm at Unfold Studios. Learn More.
- Our yogini sister Arwen Bennett writes beautifully. Here is a wonderful (wonder-full) piece she wrote about seeing clearly, holding space and the essence of living your yoga.
- Sara Spitzer, our yogini friend in Sydney, Australia, is hosting a mantra workshop in August. Definitely check it out, Sydney buddies.
- If you are interested in practicing with me via VIDEO, check out my channel on Yoga Anytime. I had an absolute ball making the videos and would love to practice with you there. If you are new to Yoga Anytime, please be my guest for 30 days of free practice by entering the code 6525YAE.
- To stay up-to-date on all of the news around here and for extra-special practices, be sure to sign up for my bi-monthly newsletter.
- Have news for the community? Email me and I’ll post it here. firstname.lastname@example.org
arms over head
shoulder openers// hug self- hug sky
sahaja ardha malasana
+ eagle arms and a twist
bridge infused with mega-ease